Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 1 - Off to a Good Start

This weight-loss initiative is off to a good start! 


I forgot it was "lunch club" day (every Monday one of the four of us girls at work brings in lunch for the group) but luckily Kerry brought in a relatively healthy meal, meatloaf made with ground turkey and roasted veggies, it was pretty good considering I wasn't even sure I like meatloaf. I drank at least 2 liters of water, I think I was probably closer to 3. I also rode my bike for 20 minutes (4.22 miles) while my catfish was cooking. I would have rode longer, but I had to get back to make sure I didn't over cook my dinner, especially since Glenn wasn't home yet to keep an eye on it. 


Today's Food Consumption
Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: Turkey Meatloaf and Roasted Veggies
Snack: 100 Calorie Cinnamon Crackers
Dinner: Baked Catfish
Snack: 90 Calorie Fiber One Brownie
Dessert: Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Fudge Sundae Cone


Estimated Calories Consumed: 1074*
Estimated Calories Burned: 208


*According to the estimates the Dailyburn app gave me - Obviously the non pre-packaged meals are a lot harder to judge


Tomorrow will be a little more challenging since I'm on the road for work and they always cater in lunch, it's usually sandwiches, so I'll be ok with those, it's the yummy brownies and cookies that are going to be tough - WILL POWER NEEED!!  I'll bring a banana for breakfast and eat that on the way and try to stay away from the breakfast pastries they cater in and just stick to the fresh fruit.


I will probably show my progress once a week, and since I started on a Monday, I'll use Monday as my weight check in day (which I'll do in the mornings).


Today's weigh in: 158.2 lbs (when I met Glenn I was around 138 lbs which is why my goal is 20 lbs, I want to be at LEAST as skinny as I was when I met him, when I marry him plus it would be nice for my clothes to not cut off my circulation!)
Total Lost: 0 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Alright! You're off to a PHENOMENAL start :) Were you hungry today? What kind of challenges did you face? When I try to limit my calorie intake I find it's hard to do because my stomach growls so much - I need your tips!

    -Snarky Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara :) I was KIND of hungry yesterday, today was worse though. My biggest challenges is my work area (cubicle land) is full of people bringing in treats, so there is always temptation of some sort. Plus Glenn doesn't normally eat very healthy (lately) so he doesn't help when I'm trying to be healthy and he goes and eats bad and/or snacks a lot. I'm just trying to focus on the goal and how it'll be nice to have pants that fit comfortably again lol

    ReplyDelete